fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, October 31, 2005

Shubh Deepavali

Here's wishing all my blog readers (all 5 of them) a Happy Deepvali .. or Divali .. whatever you prefer. Today marks a year (by the Hindu calendar) since my last trip to Bombay. Time flies. I've got the itch again - but I guess I'll have to wait.

I miss the excitement that rings in the air this time of the year in Bombay. Colorful paper lanterns dotting every little home. The smell of fireworks in the air. Delicious mithai. Shopping sales. Garlands of marigolds adorning every entrance. Little clay lamps. The one time in the year when you don't have to feel guilty about spending money on indulgences (not that I ever do :P ) Oh well... I guess I'll have to wait another year.

Meanwhile today's Halloween!! Can't wait to see the madness on Church St tonight.

1 comment:

Andy said...

And Happy New Year to YOU!! If you have an itch problem, drugs here are even cheaper than in Canadia!