fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spring Cleaning

What does a single gay man do on a rainy, April weekend morning? Clean his wardrobe!

Anyone who lives in a temperate climate endures a bi-annual ritual known as "changing of the wardrobe". A long, arduous, linty, sneezy affair. It involves taking down everything from the hangers and folding everything into two neat piles, one for storage and one for Goodwill. That's only half the task. The other half is opening your storage boxes and taking out all those skimpy, short-sleeved summer clothes, trying them on to see what fits, discarding the ones that are oh-so-last-year and hanging up the ones that could still work. Ok - there is some washing and pressing involved, but how much can you do in one day?

There's a refreshing, misty, cool breeze blowing in through the open window. Perfect weather for some pakodas and chai.

10 comments:

Chic Mommy said...

Wow, we must be on the same wavelength. today I'm cleaning out my closet for donatable stuff, and also cleaning out my makeup drawer full of alot of hideous shades of lipstick that never looked good on me but I bought anyway! :)

Ameet said...

Must be the rain. Is it raining where you are?

Don't you feel awful about those bad color decisions? They look fine in the store - but you come home and they're totally don't go with your skin color!

Anonymous said...

How come we didn't get to see any of the skimpy collection in Mumbai? Saving all the treats for Toronto? :P

Ameet said...

manu darling - lots of treats to be had in Toronto :P

Ameet said...

sphinx - thank you!

Anonymous said...

hehehe... sigh.. all i have for closets are three bloody shelves amde of mango-boxes! MANGO-BOXES! bWAAAAAAAAAA!!!
;-)
actually, i like my mango boxes. idea of a brilliant frnd. *grin*

karmic said...

Heh you do it better than we do. Cos I am one of those strange people of Indian origin who like cold weather. Some of my summer/spring stuff comes out earlier. Especially the jogging shorts and t shirts. So for me it becomes a 2-3 stage ritual.

Ameet said...

CT: Mango boxes!! On the bright side, you're probably feasting on yummy Mangos right now!

KJ: I like cold weather too - just not 6 frickin months of it! I'm really for some summer. Nice thing about Toronto is summers are always pleasant - never too hot.

autogato said...

Sometimes I feel badly giving last season's stuff as a donatable. The poor deserve fashion, too, right?

But then again, I'm poor and unfashionable. Oh my. The people who are wearing my purged closet must think I have really crappy taste.

ARG!!!!!!!!!

Wow. You have a system of stuff. That's awesome. I just would like to get everything folded.

Wild Reeds said...

Perfect weather for bhel, too, eh Amit? :-)
Hugsssss...