fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Au Revoir

A hidden benefit of living in Canada is that you can visit another country without a passport. Québec, a mere 4 hour train ride north-east of Toronto, is culturally a world apart. Montréal is where it all comes together - a clash of Anglo-Saxon and French culture that explodes in majestic, tree-lined avenues, elegant parks and a joie de vivre that makes it the most vibrant city in Canada. I just returned from a very pleasant three days in that city and will surely be back for more. Meanwhile I have some French to brush up on.

5 comments:

autogato said...

Ah, that sounds wonderful! That is one of the things that I loved about where I used to live - the Cajun area of Louisiana. The melding of the cultures and the presence of all things Cajun - food, language, music. They look a whole different attitude toward life.

And wow, do I miss it!

karmic said...

Heh. Ye I know what ya mean. We have staes here too, that feel like another country, one you would rather not visit.

Ameet said...

autogato: Isn't that nice? Sad that the rest of America is getting homogenized.

sphinx: Patience :)

jay: You mean Texas? ;)

karmic said...

Heh Ye Texas

Wild Reeds said...

Super! Glad you had fun.