fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Illusions

As I was watching a movie today, I had my first you-know-you're-from-Toronto-if experiences. I recognized fake scenes of New York - shot in Toronto. York St ducking down under the train tracks. Union Station. Yorkville. One scene actually had a short glimpse of the CN tower.

This got me thinking about why people draw parallels between New York and Toronto. Hollywood has been passing off Toronto cityscapes as New York for years now. It is possible that we're subliminally conditioned into seeing glimpses of New York in Toronto?

3 comments:

Andy said...

Everyone knows that there is a real america (US of A) and a fake america (Canadia). A real new york (Manhattan, cuz the other boroughs don't really count) and a fake new york (Toronto). As NYC's body double Toronto does a fine job, but face it kids. It aint the big apple. :-D

Ameet said...

Andres Omar ... stop plagiarizing from Mambo Italiano ... a CANADIAN movie.

:P

Andy said...

Look America Jr. Don't me us go over there and give your pot smoking, maple syrup eating behinds the spanking that you deserve!