fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

American Idol

While I'm no dedicated fan of the show, I'm certainly a fan of Ryan Seacrest. I first noticed him when he did an Oscars pre-show many many years ago - before American Idol. Of course, the usual rumours have been circulating about his sexuality. While he can be trumped by every other West Hollywood queen in the looks department, he has a certain on-screen charisma that I find very sexy.

Driven indoors by the cold Toronto winters, and wanting to make good use of my HD cable subscription, I've been watching a lot of American Idol this season. There's certainly a crescendo building up around Ryan's sexuality. Simon has been making jabs at him, and I've been carefully watching Ryan's responses. He's making measured retorts but doesn't get defensive about it. Today it reached a new peak when Simon asked Ryan to come out of the closet - in so many words. Wonder where this is going. My intuition tells me Ryan's going to make an announcement soon ;-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right about Ryan. I noticed that exchange last night too. I think Sanjaya is next - both to come out of the closet and probably to get booted. He is adorable, but dang, he is not so good on stage.

Anonymous said...

aha. shucks, i dont see much tv, sorry.

Tony said...

Where can I join the queue for Ryan ;-p

He is lush

Ameet said...

james: sanjaya totally fades on stage. He's a singer, not a performer.

closetalk: but at least you know Ryan Seacrest, right?

anthony: get in line - I saw him first!

autogato said...

If he's single, you could get in there and compete for him!

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about Ryan's big news - it's been coming to a head and last night's exchange was the most blatant it's ever been.

As for Sanjaya - I think he's more of a performer than a singer. He seems to really enjoy himself on stage, but his voice isn't strong enough. He's a terrible singer, and should have left weeks ago. However, he's such a sweetheart, you can't help wanting to pull his cheeks. And he should totally come out too

Andy said...

I thought that Ryan was out of the closet already from his early days. He started in Radio in San Fran if I remember right. I met someone that alledgedly used to work with him and he said that Ryan is a total Diva bitch :-P

karmic said...

Don't watch idol and would not know. Keep us posted. :)