fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Musings

My friends have been giving me flak about not updating this blog. I can never decide between writing frequent frivolous posts, or occasional gems (not that I've succeeded in creating any gems). So here I am, sitting in bed on a lazy Sunday afternoon. The day started out sunny but quickly turned overcast. I woke up too early with an obvious hangover. A siesta should do me good.

Usually I don't care much about the New Year - it's just another day that comes and goes. Life goes on. This year is different. I rang in the New Year on a different continent - a place miles apart geographically and culturally. That trip stirred something up inside of me. Made me question my life choices. Made me yearn for more adventure. Perhaps it's just boredom. Perhaps it's something real.

2006 also marks the beginning of a new job for me. I am not running on autopilot anymore - I actually have to work for a change :P On the bright side, I don't have to travel. Despite the trips to Waterloo and Niagara, I get to come home every evening to my own home, and hopefully, a life.

The last six months of 2005 seem like one long party. I had just moved to Toronto. I was living downtown. I wasn't a slave to my job. Good times don't last forever and I took full advantage of this new found freedom. Life seemed like an endless stream of parties. Well - it's 2006 and the party's definitely over. I've made a conscious decision to bring some focus back into my life. I have a job that I can actually make something out of. I need to buy a condo soon. I have to think about my future plans. And of course, I have to give some serious thought to who I want to share my life with.

And through all of this, I must not forget to stop and smell the roses :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pictures and thoughts. I wish I were in Canada to meet you again.