fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Tale of Two Cities

Hong Kong is now a permanent part of my persona. Although I am no longer scheming to move there anytime soon, it has left an indelible mark on me. Soon I will return to my daily grind and forget the pleasures of a warm, tropical island city that simply throbs with life. The views from Victoria Peak will be a foggy memory. So will be the bright lights, fabulous boutiques and yummy bakeries of Causeway Bay. The neon lights will fade and the dim-sum carts will roll away. All that remains will be questions, and more questions. About the choices one makes in life.

There is another city that throbs with the same intensity. A city whith cullinary delights on every street corner. A city with cool sea-breezes and warm sands. A city with bustling markets and trendy shopping. A city I used to call home. A city that's calling out to me right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, suspense, what was the 2nd city other than Hong Kong?

Wild Reeds said...

BOMBAY BOMBAY BOMBAY!!!
:-)