fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, May 29, 2006

Where's Ameet?


Fountain
Originally uploaded by fotoluvr.
Photo class is over. I now have a stack of beautiful black & white prints to admire, and maybe someday, frame. So what's next?

While the lessons I learnt in the darkroom are useful, they're not sustainable. Traditional photography is on its death-bed, and the trick is to transfer those processes to a digital darkroom. With a few tips from the instructor, I am now churning out near-professional quality prints out of my humble Epson.

Meanwhile, I've been trigger happy this weekend. A combination of good weather and the "Doors Open" heritage festival meant I was out the whole weekend clicking pictures. The processed ones are on flickr. Check them out.

12 comments:

Andy said...

so what is the most valuable thing your learned at pic class? I continue to be incredibly impressed with your photography.

Ameet said...

What's the most valuable lesson? Hard to say. For one, I understand what all those photoshop tools actually do!! It also helped to look at everyone else's work, and get feedback on mine. I might go back and take another class in the Fall.

karmic said...

Cool pics..

Ameet said...

Thanks. I like to think of it more as a hobby than a career :)

Chic Mommy said...

nice pics. you've got talent. :)

Wild Reeds said...

Cool!! Your photos are great. You're a natural.

mikey said...

Awesome photos. I love black and white, they never get out of styles!

autogato said...

HOORAY! You are back! With more photos!

I had been wondering....

Love your pics!

autogato said...

Yeah. Your pictures look like they'd make a really nice calendar to go next to my desk - something I could look up at and smile and experience a little momentary relief from their beauty.

Ameet said...

Thank autogato, wildreeds, chicmommy, mikey.

Autogato just gave me a nice idea! Make calendars!! :)

Anonymous said...

mmm... soon all the hot gay guys will be queueuing up in front of ure house for u to take their portfolio!
;-)

autogato said...

where are more rants?!?!