fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Washington Bound

It's been 9 months since I left the DC area. Washington DC has the most beautifully landscaped public spaces in North America. Every Spring, they reward us with a splendid display of nature's bounty. Starting with the cherry blossoms that blanket parts of the city, the manicured trees and lawns of the National Mall burst forth with fresh green foliage, rinsed clean by the April showers. Cool, crisp Spring breezes make exploring the city on foot a delight.

This April I have the opportunity to visit my beloved city once again. Following a training class on Thursday in Reston, I will be spending the long weekend (it's Good Friday) with my dear friends in Washington DC.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures I took around DC last Spring.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'm jealous! :)

karmic said...

Have fun. DC is indeed quite the place. Live only an hour and a half - 2 hrs away from it, we should get there more often than we do. Have fun!

Wild Reeds said...

Incredible pics!