fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Friday, February 24, 2006

Associations

Notice how a particualr song, or piece music takes us back in time? Back to where we were when we heard it most? Your mind starts to feel the same way again. You can see flashes from your past. The sights, the smells, the tastes, the emotions start to come back.

Currently playing - "Let's Talk" by Coldplay. Takes me back to July 2005. This CD was in my car player on those long drives between Virginia, Pittsburgh and Toronto. Also in my car the day Siddharth was born - the long drive early on Tuesday from a sleepy overcast Toronto to a sunny, busy Pittsburgh, my only directions being to look for the Forbes/Oakland exit in downtown Pittsburgh. Later that week, trying to jump-start the car multiple-times with the dead battery and all. Huddled under the hood trying my hand at replacing a car battery (cause the Germans make their cars so complex, no one dares to touch them).

In a perfect world I would forget all this stressful stuff, but these memories are also mixed in with some very happy ones. Welcoming a new addition to the family. Watching in awe as this tiny precious life squirms, squints, takes one look at you and goes back to sleep, feeling safe in your arms.


So you don't know where you're going, and you wanna talk
And you feel like you're going where you've been before
You tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored
Nothing's really making any sense at all
Let's talk

1 comment:

Wild Reeds said...

My memories get instantly triggered by scents..