fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Movie Quotes

Some memorable movie quotes:


Auntie Mame: "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death"


Mommie Dearest: "NO WIRE HANGERS - EVER"


The Opposite of Sex: "(I feel) like the Baroness in The Sound of Music. While everybody's just singing and climbing an Alp. And I just wanna STUFF THAT GUITAR UP THAT NUN'S ASS!"


As Good As It Gets:
Carol: Why can't I have a normal boyfriend? Just a regular boyfriend, one that doesn't go nuts on me!
Mom: Everybody wants that, dear. It doesn't exist.

Melvin: "People who talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch."


Breakfast at Tiffany's: "Well, when I get (the mean reds) the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"

6 comments:

livinghigh said...

i wonder if u wud consider enabling comments by ppl other than blogspot holders. that wud be very nice. and make me feel very comfortable.
;-) am i not polite, now?

Ameet said...

Done. Didn't realize it got switched off. Thanks for the alert!

Wild Reeds said...

As Good as It Gets has some amazing quotes. I loved that film, watched it 7-8 times on the VCR. My fave is the one you quoted, as well as when Jack N tells Helen Hunt "You make me wanna be a better man". Also when he tells the maid who does a Ma Theresa on him: "Where did you learn that? A Panama-sailor-hump-hump bar?"

Ameet said...

wild reeds: another fav line - when Melvin tells the housekeeper: "Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

:P

autogato said...

what is it with men and movie quotes? I think you boys must have some sort of extra genes that enables you to memorize lines from films and spout them off on the spot!!

Ameet said...

autogato - first of all, shouldn't you be studying for your comps instead of reading my blog archives? :P

I have a girlfriend in Baltimore who regularly mouths off movie quotes in the middle of a conversation. She also tells you the name of the movie, the actors, the characters' names AND the build-up to that scene.