fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, February 20, 2006

Body Worlds

My friends and I spent this afternoon at the Ontario Science Centre checking out the Body Worlds exhibition. It was a cross between an anatomy class and an art show. Carefully dissected and plasticized body parts in display cases. Entire bodies flayed out and arranged like art installations. Thinly sliced sections of body parts mounted on glass. Overheard comments like - "this is making me hungry". There was a section of a leg that looked like ham. Learnt something new about the male anatomy, and saw parts of the female anatomy for the first time.

Although I have a good stomach for this stuff, the only part that disturbed me was a 3 month old fetus inside a cut-open uterus. Got me thinking about abortions. Although I am a firm defender of choice in these matters, it will definitely make me think twice if I am faced with the situation.

1 comment:

Wild Reeds said...

Brrr... sounds challenging.