fotoluvr - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shopping Diary

Confessions of a brand whore.

H&M: Hasn't changed much. Found a fabulous floral-print fitted shirt. Checked if I could pull off a Small. Who am I kidding - swapped it for a Medium. A lovely shade of red catches my eye - full-sleeve shirt - more dressy than the other one but fits like a charm. Explore various varieties of dog tags. H&M is a great place for cheap accessories. Finally settle on a green-bead wrist thingy - and a cloth belt to match. Ran into Aman again - he probably thinks I'm stalking him.

Walk down two escalators to avoid the Sears labrynth. Blue Note tees looked too butch. Stiches had nothing for boyz. On I go. Now who the hell put up a tropical bar in the middle of Eaton Centre?

Hollister: If this is the future of shopping - I might as well take up 'sanyas' right now. Apparently Toronto winters aren't depressing enough so they build this dark, wood-paneled thing that looks like a tropical plantation home - at night. The only lighting in there is strategically placed spots on their wares. Walk in. Feel suicidal 30s later. Walk out. Stuff looks like A&F.

Club Monaco: Not much new since the holidays. Strut in. Check out the boyz. Try on jeans - wash looks interesting - fit is not. Strut out.

Browns Shoes: Interesting pair of Diesels. $180. Promptly return to shelf and strut out.

Mexx: Sad. No sale rack. Strut out.

Gap: Same old same old.

Le Chateau: Casual-wear is disappointing. Formal-wear is interesting. Shoes even more. Lone sales guy in mens' section too busy attending to Arab shopper. Strut out.

Banana Republic: The Canadian editions continue to disappoint. I won't return till I need more of their crew-neck colored tees. Those are the best. Awesome colors, snug fit and they keep their shape. Great for layering and color-coordinating.

Town Shoes: I see potential. Unfortunately my shoes situation is in a mess right now. Need to match up with some outfits.

Sephora: Nose overwhelmed the minute I walk in. They need better air-handling. Try about 30 different colognes. Nose numb. Settle for Hugo Boss - they've been good to me since the 80s. Mental note to look for Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet at Heathrow.

Closing time. Come home, make some cheese toast and enjoy with excellent Pinot Grigio to Salaam Namaste soundtrack.

4 comments:

Wild Reeds said...

{winters aren't depressing enough so they build this dark, wood-paneled thing that looks like a tropical plantation home - at night.}

Ha ha ha!
About shirts, small size vs. medium: I do the same thing, try the M first and then fantasize about the S. But nowadays malls like Globus and Shoppers seem to be stocking L, XL and XXLs only. I even saw a sheer black shirt in XXL. ?!

Unknown said...

@Wild reeds - What!! XXL are not allowed to wear sheer black shirts now are we?

Size, darling, is EVERYTHING!!!!

Vikster said...

I'm loving this post..takes me back to Sundays in Boston..trying out practically EVERYTHING at every shop.

I miss that..

In Orbit in Malad has nothing in comparison..

Ameet said...

aristera: fab india is fabulous. Except I need a good tailor to refit everything to my svelte proportions.

wild reeds: if they don't make black sheer shirts in XXXL, what will all the rich sindhi uncles wear?

f-cubed: so you're a size queen eh? ;)

vikster: we'd make good shopping buddies :)